I am the kind of student I don't like teaching. You know, the kind that wants the best grade possible for the least amount of work. I realized this tonight as I was scrolling through the online forum for my grad class, wondering how many more times I would have to post my thoughts on assessment. What would be the minimum amount of posts for me to still get an A?
A few weeks ago, my pastor gave a similar example relating to our spiritual growth. We ask ourselves, 'How much do I really have to read my Bible in order to have a relationship with God? What other things do I need to do?' As you can probably tell, I've been less-than-motivated academically these days, and I know that my natural tendency is to do the same spiritually. Which is why I need to pray regularly, "Lord, help me to want to want You."
4.03.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment