3.27.2008

High Maintenence

After Easter dinner, my aunts and I were doing the dishes when one of them asked me if I'd be going back to blond for the summer. "Yes," I said. "It's a lot of work going back to do my roots every six to eight weeks. I'm just not a high-maintenance kind of girl." Silence. Seriously, you could have heard a pin drop. And then loud laughter and guffawing. "Oh, that's funny Christin," they said to me. Can you believe it?!? Okay - so I may wear make-up and have a few hair products lining the bathroom shelves, but that doesn't make me high maintenance! Then tonight I decided to put off doing the dishes because I didn't want to chip my nail polish. This conversation came flooding back to me. Is that conviction? Or coincidence?


(And, yes, I realize this comes one post after the "Third Cup" ruminations, so apparently that makes me a little shallow, too.)

1 comment:

Sara said...

If it's any consolation, my sister refers to me as "prima donna." :-)