One of the things I learned about Tyler when we were roommates this summer is that he shaves his chest. Being the older sister that I am, I began to tease him about this regularly. Some of my teasing involved suggestions of other ways he could remove hair - waxing, Nair, etc. - which led to a phone call from him last night asking if I had any of that "less painful kind of stuff to get rid of hair." Indeed, I did. And so, tonight Tyler came over to try out some Nair. As you can imagine, this was quite an experience (for both of us). The minute he got the Nair on his chest, he began to gag because it smelled like rotten eggs. I was a little concerned that he might actually throw up in my kitchen. For the next four minutes, he did his best to hold his breath and I did my best to control my laughter.
Once the Nair (and hair!) was removed with a warm washcloth, all he needed was a little lotion to subdue the redness and irritation. As I rummaged through my shelves to find a lotion that wouldn't make him smell like a girl, he reminded me, "Christin, I just put pink Nair on my chest. I'm not too concerned about being girly right now."
His final verdict: "I'm so smooth! This is way better than shaving!" If only the Nair people knew about him.

No comments:
Post a Comment