3.06.2008

The Local Best

If you've never heard of Manley Tire, my grandpa would be the first to tell you that they're the best kept secret in the tri-state area. He insisted that I go there to get new tires, and soon, because he said I needed them. So today, I headed east to follow his advice.

When I checked in, Paul asked what size tires I would need. "Hmmm..." I said. I didn't know tires came in sizes. So he put on his jacket to check for himself. And this is why I, too, now love Manley Tire: When Paul came back inside, he said, "Well, Christin, I don't think you need new tires." What? I was looking every bit the true blonde that I am, and he could have easily sold me $400 worth of tires that I would have thought I needed because my grandpa said so. Paul did think my tires could stand to be rotated and since I had purchased them from Manley Tire four years ago, they rotated them for free. Can you believe this place?

While I was there, I also asked them to change the oil and the wiper blades. When I went to pay for them, my bill had already been paid by "Santa." Somehow, even though he had no idea when I would make it over to Manley, my grandpa knew I would listen to his advice. Because he is wise. And he loves me.

No comments: