5.08.2008
Stay Away From Me...
at least for 7-10 days. After my fever hit 103.4 yesterday, I ended up in the ER where the doctor said I have Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Yep, that makes me feel like a farm animal. Luckily, I do not have any blisters or rashes on my hands or feet, but I do have some icky sores in the back of my mouth. When the nurse came to discharge me, she said the doctor wanted me to stay home from work until Monday. "But," I said, "I have to go back Friday for the Horace Manny's!" At which point, I'm pretty sure they wanted to do more tests for delusion. They did relent and say I could go back to watch the ceremony as long as I don't touch anyone. Yeah, right. Obviously, they have no idea what goes on in a school. So, even though the selfish part of me really wants to go in on Friday (I did create the Horace Manny's, after all), I'll probably be at home. I do not want to have to explain to my students and their parents that I have some kind of contagious disease, and I would feel really terrible if someone else caught this. Maybe God's trying to teach me a lesson in all of this, but I haven't got it figured out yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment