7.14.2008

Bacon and Eggs

Today in my class, the instructor (Jill Eggleton, the Beth Moore of education) mentioned that teachers are like bacon and eggs. Some teachers have the interest - like the chicken - and others have the commitment - like the pig. It made me smile, but I kept thinking about this silly little joke all day. Do I really want to be the pig? Does commitment to my job mean that I will have no life outside of school? On the other hand, teaching is more than a job to me - it's a calling - and I don't think it's possible to "live a life worthy of my calling" (Ephesians 4) without commitment. So, I guess that means I'll be striving toward pig-like commitment this year.

2 comments:

Teach4Christ said...

Wow--have NO clue how I missed that one:) I have notes on everything else!! Isn't she delightful! Love your analogy of her being the "Beth Moore" of Education!!!!

Sara said...

So, you won't be offended when I start snorting at you whenever the conversation turns to commitment!?!? :-) You're the cutest piglet I've ever been friends with. :-)