Last night I was picking up some Chinese (yes, that's right ... Chinese) for Chris and I. As I was waiting for the woman to return with our cashew chicken, an older gentleman approached me, obviously curious about something. Here's what happened next:
"Are you here on a blind date?" he asked.
"Oh no," I say quickly. "I'm just here to pick up a carryout order."
"Well," he says, "I'm meeting someone and I kind of hoped you were her."
Yikes, I think. Must let this man know he is barking up the wrong tree. "I'm not a real big fan of blind dates," I say (quite firmly, in fact).
"Now that we've met, it wouldn't really be a blind date, would it?" he persists.
Oh boy. Please tell me you're joking. I suspect he might not be joking, so I say, "Actually, I have a really great boyfriend. I'm not interested in any kind of dating." Especially not with a fifty-year-old man, I add silently.
"Well, bless your heart," he says.
Um, right.
Moral of the story: Chris should go along to pick up carryout orders.
10.17.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Who takes a blind date to a chinese restaurant?!?!?! Perhaps you should also consider sticking to your original rule: No chinese food. :-)
You're right, Sara. No more chinese.
Post a Comment