4.13.2009

Transitions

I remember so clearly the months in 2005 when my whole life was uncertain. I had resigned from my position in TC, packed up my apartment, said good-bye to friends and moved in with my parents. I was believing by faith that God would have something for me somewhere else. I had no idea where. Or what. Or how. Or when. (Though I was praying for soon. I'm sure my parents were, too.) Looking back now, I can remember fondly about what an incredible time of spiritual growth that was for me as I learned to depend on God for everything.

He blessed me in every imaginable way with more than I could have ever dreamed to ask Him for. I prayed for a job, and He opened a position at an elementary in SF that is considered one of the "best-kept secrets" in education. I prayed about finding a place to live, and He provided a home with great character, a perfect price and just the right location. I prayed about a support system, and He plunked me down into a Bible study with these girls. My God is faithful and good.

So now, as I am once again praying about a new job and a new place to live, I find myself with new opportunities to depend on Him fully. As another day passes with no news of a job, I will remember that God has been abundantly good to me in the past and believe that He will do so again. As Chris and I walk through over-priced, Pepto-Bismal pink homes, I will remember that we can trust Him to provide. We may not know what, or where, or how, or when...but we can be confident in knowing He will take care of us.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Isn't pepto pink the new taupe? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere...

Teach4Christ said...

Gotta love these houses, eh?! Girl--you sure have a GREAT faith that will get you through any bend in the road:) So excited for you!!!!